Distillery Cruise 2023
Clyde Cruising Club Distillery Cruise 2023
In company with The Irish Cruising Club - July 1st to 10th 2023
Expression of Interest only - Not a commitment!
CCC have proposed a 2023 Distillery Cruise in company with the Irish Cruising Club - July 1st to 10th 2023.
Participants are welcome to join in the cruise at any point in the planned route (see below). The main event will be the party in Craighouse, Jura on July 4th, 2023.
Expressions of Interest:
CCC has enjoyed many great cruises with the Irish Cruising Club and this event will be a relaxed cruise with participants from the ICC members from the North and Eastern Regions and hopefully members from the South and West.
CCC Members interested in participating in the Distillery Cruise 2023 are invited to register the Expression of Interest form with likely legs of the cruise and destinations and events that they would join.
The cruise outline (always subject to weather conditions) is as follows:
- July 1st Muster at Rathin Island hosted by ICC
- July 2nd Rendezvous at Port Ellen Marina, Islay
- July 3rd Visit Ardbeg Distillery
- July 4th Rendezvous at Craighouse Bay, Jura
- July 4th CCC Party and Dinner Village Hall Craighouse
- July 6th Rendezvous at Oban Transit Marina
- July 6th Visit Oban Distillery
- July 8th Rendezvous Tobermory Marina
- July 8th Visit Tobermory Distillery
- July 8th Pontoon Party Tobermory Marina
- July 10th Rendezvous Loch Harport, Isle of Skye
- July 10th Visit to Talisker Distillery
Boats are welcome to join in along the way and continue cruising either North or South as they wish, or as part of an informal cruise in company.
Indicative mileages between destinations are as follows:
- Rathlin to Port Ellen 25nm
- Port Ellen to Craighouse 18nm
- Craighouse to Oban 43nm
- Oban to Tobermory 24nm
- Tobermory to Loch Harport 51nm
This cruise involves sailing in water where the challenges are well known. There are marina stops, but some anchoring overnight may be required. No night sailing is planned but with one 50+ nm passage, some longer days could well be involved, depending on weather and wind conditions.
Cruising suitable for boats and crews with good cruising experience, prepared for longer passages with well-equipped vessels but where the additional safety of cruising in company would be a welcome assurance.
Cruises in company with the ICC have always been lost of fun particularly when it is not raining!
Musical Instruments on board are always welcome Musical talent, while also welcome, is considered to be optional.
Last updated 17:01 on 2 October 2023