CCC Seamanship and Pilotage Trust
THE CLYDE CRUISING CLUB SEAMANSHIP & PILOTAGE TRUST was formed in 1984 as a Charitable Trust set up by the Clyde Cruising Club primarily to promote the following aims:
- to educate the public in the knowledge and practice of seamanship with a view to improving safety at sea
- to provide facilities for recreation, connected with sailing, for young people, especially those from deprived areas, with a view to improving the conditions of life of such persons
- to organise courses and provide special equipment to enable handicapped people to sail
- to advance the education of the public in the practice of pilotage and coastal and ocean navigation
- to assist in the preservation of craft, property and navigational and other records of significance in connection with the sea and sailing
One of the first projects of the Trust was the acquisition of six Optimist Dinghies and Trailer. Administered in conjunction with the RYA Scotland this project has proved to be of a tremendous success with young prospective sailors. The dinghies may be borrowed by a club, school, or youth club and give endless hours of sailing practice to young people. The Trust owns Bardowie Loch where the dinghy section have a clubhouse and organise sailing during the Spring, Summer and Autumn, for all ages.
The Clyde Cruising Club fleet of Challenger trimarans are kept and sailed at Bardowie. They have recently been augmented by three Access Dinghies. These boats are used for all types of disabled people and full training facilities are maintained at the Loch. Anyone interested in helping with or sailing these boats is invited to contact Bardowie or the Clyde Cruising Club office.
Assistance has been given to many worthwhile projects over the years both ashore and afloat. Many deserving individuals whether members of the Clyde Cruising Club or not have received help from us in many ways.
With your support we hope to be able to achieve our aims and any gift you are able to make will be most gratefully received.
Donations or Gifts - Please use Gift Aid if you are a UK tax payer.
Applications and Grants
Clyde Cruising Club Seamanship & Pilotage Trust
48 West George Street
You can help by making a donation every time you shop online with Amazon Smile - just follow this link and make us your default charity.
Remember, if you want Amazon to donate to CCC Seamanship & Pilotage Trust, you need to start each shopping session at the URL smile.amazon.co.uk, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of your eligible purchases.
Last updated 15:11 on 10 April 2022